New and forthcoming RFiD Discovery system functionality, current industry developments and latest technology improvements were just some of the topics up for discussion at this year’s RFiD Discovery User Group Meeting held at Good Hope Hospital.
This second annual user event featured an exciting line-up of case study guest speakers, who all shared their experiences of Clinical Engineering and using the RFiD Discovery system to track their medical devices. Case study speakers were:
- David Smith, Head of Estates, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust
- Peter Owens, Head of Medical Engineering , Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust
- Simon Dawkins, Head of Medical Equipment Library, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Bryan Hynd, Head of Medical Physics, NHS Forth Valley
- Andy Barrow, EBME Manager, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust
Of particular interest to many on the day was the introduction of passive RFID solutions to comply with GS1 standards.